Oakland Michigan Traffic Lawyer
Traffic violations happen when a driver does not follow the rules and regulations that guide the operation of vehicles on highways and streets. Traffic tickets are issued for any actions that breach the traffic laws of a county, community, or city.
If you have received a traffic ticket in Oakland, Michigan, or Metro Detroit, just paying will not make your troubles go away. A single traffic violation can cost thousands of dollars in higher insurance premiums. In addition, you may be on the hook for greater administrative sanctions than you expect. If you know for a fact that you did not do what you’re being accused of, you can fight it in court.
You might be wondering if it’s really worth it to spend time and money fighting a traffic violation. But signing and paying the ticket is an admission of guilt and it goes on your record permanently. This can result in some long-term consequences, like your car insurance rate hitting the roof and the possible suspension of your driver’s license.
Don’t just accept and pay any fine that comes your way, defend yourself. You can decide to do this on your own and go to traffic court all by yourself, or you can hire an experienced traffic violations attorney to help you improve your odds of success.
At Rabaa & Nachawati, we are experts at handling traffic violations. Reach out to us, and let us fight for you.
Reach out to us today at (248) 834-3430.
Moe | Driving on a Suspended License
I had tickets all over the metro-Detroit area that I did not take care of that were hanging over me. Leen took charges and helped me clear up all of my warrants and holds that were in six different courts. For the first time in a decade, I have a valid license and don’t have warrants hanging over my head. She is a pleasure to work with and gets the job done well!
Types of Michigan Traffic Tickets We Can Help With
As a road user, it is important for you to know what actions can result in a traffic ticket. While most traffic offenses are minor crimes, they can still have negative consequences. The majority of traffic tickets do not require you have criminal intent or even knowledge of the law to convict a person of this offense.
The only proof needed is that the person did commit the prohibited act. If you did not commit such acts, you can contest the ticket.
Some of these traffic tickets include:
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the most common causes of a traffic ticket. There are generally two types of speeding laws. The first is are the laws that set specific speed limits like 70mph on a state highway, 35mph on a residential street, and 25mph in a school zone. Violation of this could result in a speeding ticket. The second are laws that require drivers to operate their vehicles at a reasonable speed depending on the circumstances. Driving at 65mph on a state highway in a rainstorm at night could result in a speeding ticket.
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is driving while performing any activity that could distract you. Anything that could take a driver’s eyes off the road and mental concentration away from driving is distracted driving. Using cell phones while driving is one of the leading causes of distracted driving.
- Driving without a valid driver’s license: It is illegal to drive without a valid driver’s license. In order to enjoy the privileges of driving on public roads and highways, you have to be licensed. If you drive without a valid license, you may receive a traffic ticket or worse, get arrested. You could get a misdemeanor traffic ticket for not having your license on you, or you could get a misdemeanor traffic ticket for driving with a suspended license. These are crimes punishable by jail time, and leave a permanent mark on your record and leave you with steep financial consequences.
- Leaving the scene of an accident/hit and run: This occurs when a driver is involved in an accident with another car, a pedestrian, or a fixed object and leaves the scene without any form of identification or rendering of help to anyone who might need it. Penalties for this violation include fines and jail term and based on surrounding circumstances may be classified as either a misdemeanor or felony.
- Running a red light or a stop sign: All drivers must obey and observe all traffic lights and stop signs when operating vehicles. You have committed a traffic violation if you drive while a red light is on or do not come to a complete stop when a “stop” sign is posted.
Why Hire a Traffic Attorney?
Hiring a traffic attorney can be beneficial in a variety of ways.
A traffic attorney can help you fight your traffic ticket and potentially reduce or dismiss the fine or penalty associated with the violation. They can also provide you with legal advice and guidance on how to best approach the situation, as well as help you navigate the legal process.
Additionally, a traffic attorney can help to ensure that your rights are being represented properly and that you don’t face any undue consequences.
How to Get a Traffic Ticket Off Your Record
Start by Hiring a Qualified Traffic Ticket Attorney
Choosing to hire an attorney is a very important decision, you have to weigh any pros or cons you can think of and we are here to help you.
The only con of hiring an attorney would be the cost. While it is affordable to hire an attorney, sometimes the attorney fee could be the same amount or even more than the traffic ticket fine. Due to this, many people think it might not be worth it.
But if you consider critically, choosing to hire an attorney has a lot of benefits that can more than justify the expenses.
- Depending on the type of violation, an attorney can go to court for you, meaning you don’t have to miss work to defend your traffic citation.
- With the help of an attorney, it is easier to beat traffic tickets and avoid the chances of much higher premiums on your car insurance policy.
- An attorney gives you invaluable legal advice. The average person defending themselves could make statements that would seriously hurt their case. Statements like “I didn’t see the light turn red” or “I didn’t realize I was going so fast” can be very harmful.
- An attorney can negotiate deals on your behalf that wouldn’t have existed if you defended yourself.
- An attorney has lots of experience. Our attorneys have spent countless hours in a courtroom as both prosecutors & as a criminal defense attorney and have more than sufficient knowledge of the law to win at trial.
- Getting multiple tickets within a short period of time can lead to having your license suspended. If you’re in this situation where you cannot afford another ticket, hire a qualified attorney to increase your chances of a successful outcome.
Marc | Driving on a Suspended License
I got arrested after speeding because I have unpaid tickets. Leen represented me starting with my arraignment and helped me get out and not miss work. She worked with me and negotiated with the prosecutor so that I could keep it off of my record. Her fees are reasonable and she went over my options with me without pushing me to do anything I did not want to do. I would highly recommend her services.
Contact an Experienced Traffic Violations Attorney Today (248) 834-3430.
If you or your loved one is on the hook for a speeding ticket or other traffic violation, our attorneys at Rabaa & Nachawati can help. Contact our office to schedule a free consultation so we can learn about your case and offer options to get you a successful conclusion. Reach out to us today at (248) 834-3430.